Thunder Bay District Golf Association Golf Hall of Fame Rules and Regulations
Hall of Fame Committee
The Thunder Bay District Golf Association is a non-profit organization responsible for coordinating and promoting golf activities and championship tournaments with member clubs in the Thunder Bay District.
- can qualify in any of the following categories: junior, men’s, women’s, senior, professional or overall career
- may only be inducted once as a player (i.e. as a junior and in men’s)
- must be five (5) years removed from last victory to qualify
- must be a member in good standing of the golf community
- must have at least one major victory (Junior District, District Ladies Gross, District Open, District Amateur, Strathcona Invitational, etc.) and 5 individual gross victories on their resume (may be waived in exceptional circumstances i.e. outstanding career outside of TBDistrict)
- team events will not be considered in voting
- any deceased player is eligible immediately after their passing
- no special achievement or performance will garner an automatic induction (i.e. winning Canadian Amateur)
- must have participated locally for a minimum of 5 years
- players must be a minimum of 30 years old at time of nomination
- no more than 4 players can be inducted in any given year
- may be active or inactive
- must have at least 5 years of documented service in promoting, volunteering and/or service to the betterment of the game
- no more than 2 builders may be inducted in any given year, provided that the number of builders and players combined does not equal more than four
- must be clearly defined as to the nominees contributions to the game. Years of service are not alone a criteria for getting inducted.
- builders may include golf professionals but their on course achievements will not be recognized in this category
- a person may be inducted separately as both a player and a builder
- No player or builder can be nominated on more than 10 occasions. A player may be nominated 10 times and then nominated 10 times as a builder. After 10 years, the nomination will no longer be accepted.
- All nominations must be accompanied by the signatures of two people who are not related to each other.
- Any nominee petitioning privately with a member of the Committee will be suspended for a period of no less than five (5) years from Hall of Fame eligibility.
- Any Committee member privately negotiating or petitioning with a nominee will be suspended from TBGDA events for five (5) years and suspended from Hall of Fame eligibility for ten (10) years.
- Any changes to the Rules and Regulations can be made without notice by the Hall of Fame Committee or the Thunder Bay District Golf Association Executive.
- Voting will take place in August by the Hall of Fame Committee and all results are confidential, aside from the Inductees.
- Voting shall be based upon the player's record, playing ability, integrity, sportsmanship, character, and contributions to the sport.
- Nominations can be done by submitting a complete resume, including picture(s) of the individual being nominated. This picture should be a reasonable depiction of the individual during their playing career.
Nominations will be accepted by mail only. The entry deadline for nominations for 2017 inductees is August 1, 2017.
Send nominations to:
Golf Hall of Fame
PO Box 10607
Thunder Bay, Ontario